Thursday, July 30, 2009

How much C# should I know before starting some asp.net programming?

I was told that I need to know some basic html %26amp; C# to use asp.net. But what is basic? Do I need a deep knopwledge of C# before starting asp.net?

How much C# should I know before starting some asp.net programming?
You will probably be OK if you have experience programming. I don't know of any programmers that don't know at least basic html, so if you don't know that, you might be in trouble. As with anything, you can learn it if you are determined. If you are using Visual Studio or another development environment like that, you will be able to do quite a bit without really knowing anything. (Just to get you learning, I doubt you can make anything useful.) You can download Visual Studio Express Edition for free from Microsoft's website. You definately don't need a deep understand of C#, unless you are doing something crazy. For a basic site you hardly need to know any.
Reply:You should at least know your data types, operators, flow control (if-then, loops), functions, basics of classes, and some common controls (e.g. textboxes) .


No comments:

Post a Comment