Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How do I make an "Error Form" in ASP.Net when I purposely make a mistake?

For example, I put a "abc" on a decimal column. Of course there would be the error page. But the thing is that I don't want that to appear. I want a message box to appear saying that "Action is not allowed" or something like it.





How do I do that?

How do I make an "Error Form" in ASP.Net when I purposely make a mistake?
Use a try/catch block and in the catch use a Response.Redirect("yourerrorpage.aspx?Ms... + "your message here.");





EXAMPLE:


try


{


...


}


catch (Exception ex)


{


Response.Redirect(@"generalerror.aspx?... + PageUtils.Clean(ex.Message));


}





/// %26lt;summary%26gt;


/// Removes any embedded newline characters from a string


/// %26lt;/summary%26gt;


/// %26lt;param name="text"%26gt;The string to be cleaned%26lt;/param%26gt;


/// %26lt;returns%26gt;A string without newline characters.%26lt;/returns%26gt;


public static string Clean(string text)


{


string buf = text;


if (text.Length %26gt; 1000)


{


buf = Clean(text.Substring(0, 1000), Constants.CRLF);


}


else


{


buf = Clean(buf, Constants.CRLF);


}





return buf;


}


No comments:

Post a Comment