Monday, May 24, 2010

How to upload my ASP.NET project and what configurations should i make to ASP.NET pages?

Currently I have an ASP.NET project working fine in localhost. I tried to upload it by FTP. After that when I run the project only HTML paes are coming as it is! When ASP.NET pages are requested it shows an error in the Web.config file. What configuration should i make to the project? Is the problem in my application or the server? FTP is the only access I have for the remote machine. In that I can also find AspClient folder also.. Tell me what to do with the confiuration to make aspx paes also viewed and to make it DB compatible?

How to upload my ASP.NET project and what configurations should i make to ASP.NET pages?
Check the help and FAQ for hosting ASP.NET apps on your web hosting company's web site, because sometimes they need certain settings in web.config for the site to work on their server.
Reply:I think that your application's folder was not created as an application under IIS.





You get this configuration error whenever your application's folder is not identified as an application by IIS.





Where did you upload your application to? Is it a shared host? you must have some kind of way to create your folder's application as an application under IIS.





This is how you do it locally.





1) Start IIS by typing Inetmgr in the run under programs in windows


2) Write click the folder where you application resides and choose properties


3) In the folder properties and under the Directory tab, click the Create button in the applications settings next to application name





If you are using a shared hosting solution, your host must provide you with a method to perform this action. Usually they provide control panels which allow such procedures.





Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment