Sunday, August 2, 2009

How can I add classic asp support to my webserver?

Support for ASP 3.0 is native to all IIS server versions from 4+. You simply start IIS and it works in its default configuration.

How can I add classic asp support to my webserver?
Classic ASP is supported on all modern Windows Server web servers. If you have a Unix/Linux based web server then you will not be able to run Classic ASP.





While there are some programs that try to run ASP on Linux, they do not have the full functions of the ASP that is found in IIS. And I do not recommend using ASP with Linux.





To enable ASP on a Windows Server or for Windows XP for that matter, all you need to do is go into Add/Remove programs and go to the option on the left that says something like "Add Components" and check IIS and ASP.

pink flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment